THE FINDLAY-HANCOCK COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY IS NOW FINE FREE
- Patrons will not accrue fines for having overdue items.
- All eligible items will automatically renew four times when they become overdue. Items reserved by another patron will not automatically renew.
- Patrons accounts with three or more overdue items will be frozen and no further items may be borrowed until fewer than three items are overdue.
- Accounts will $25.00 or more in fees will be sent to Unique Collection Agency. A $10.00 collection fee will be assessed. The collection fee will not be waived if items are returned
- A first overdue notice will be sent at 7 days. A final overdue notice will be sent at 21 days. A billing notice for the price of the items not returned will be sent at 32 days.
- At 30 days overdue, items will be considered lost and an item fee is assessed. Accounts with $5.00 or more in fees will be frozen.
- Fines for Interlibrary Loan items and telescopes will be charged under their specific former fine policies.
The Findlay-Hancock County Public Library welcomes you to enjoy the benefits of its services and resources. Listed below are the Library's policies and procedures on borrowing.
Magazines - 7 days (Currently displayed magazines do not circulate)
Music CDs - 28 days
Books on Compact Disc- 28 days
DVD and Blu-Ray- 7 days (Must have parent or guardian signature if under 18)
Books- 28 days
E-books - 21 days
Limit 50 Items
Patrons are required to comply with all rules and regulations and are responsible for all material checked out on their card.
Everyone under the age of 18 is required to have a parent's signature when applying for a library card. Anyone who presents two forms of identification, one of which shows their current mailing address, and one of which is a photo ID, may apply for a free library card.
All materials may be renewed four times if they are not on hold for someone else. Items may be renewed in person or by telephone at: 422-1712. Items may also be renewed online.
Items not owned by the Findlay-Hancock County Library system can often be borrowed from another library. Check at the Reference desk for further details.
FEES FOR LOST/DAMAGE MATERIALS
The following rates apply to adult, young adult, and juvenile materials.
Lost or damaged materials - Cost of the item
Missing or defaced bar code - $0.50
Damaged AV container - insert and barcode- $2.50
Media bag - $2.00