Ohio's new mask mandate can be read HERE effective November 16, 2020
Masks are required to enter the library. If you have a medical condition that precludes you from wearing a mask, please take advantage of our curbside pickup service. It is permissible for those with medical conditions that cannot wear a mask to wear a face shield in the library, as long it it covers your nose and mouth and extends past your chin.
Curbside pickup is available at the Main Branch in Findlay by calling the library at 419-422-1712 to schedule an appointment. Curbside appointments at the Arlington Branch can be scheduled by calling 419-365-5755. We ask patrons at both locations to reserve the first hour of the day for at risk community members, including individuals 65 years and older and those with underlying medical conditions.
Meeting room spaces are currently unavailable. Reservations for those spaces are not being accepted at this time. However, the library will continue to offer virtual programs, book clubs and book recommendations on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/fhcpl
The library asks patrons visiting us to observe the following:
- Patrons are asked to observe social distancing and keep at least six feet away from other people.
-Hand sanitizer will be available for patron use, and the library asks that upon entry to the building, patrons use it before handling any library materials.
-Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
-Patrons are required to wear a face covering per the Governor's Order.
-If you or someone you live with is sick, please take advantage of curbside pickup service in lieu of coming into the library.
-Limited public computers will be available for patrons to use with a 60-minute time limit. Patrons are encouraged to make a reservation for computer use to ensure there is a computer available upon arrival.
-There will be a limited number of patrons allowed in the library at one time in order to comply with social distancing guidelines. Visitors are asked to limit their time in the library to 30 minutes, unless using a public computer.
Library Staff will be observing the following protocols for the safety of our community:
- Library employees will wear face coverings.
-Employee temperatures will be checked daily as part of daily health assessments allowing employees to self-evaluate if they are well.
-Employees will sanitize and wash their hands frequently.
-Employees will clean and sanitize workplaces and frequently touched surfaces throughout the day. The building will be sanitized nightly.
-Materials returned to the library will be quarantined for 96 hours. Please allow extra time for items to be checked in and removed from your account.
Please contact the library at 419-422-1712 for any questions.
CURBSIDE SERVICE WILL REMAIN AVAILABLE
The Findlay-Hancock County Public Library will continue to offer curbside service during business hours at the Main Branch and at the Arlington Branch. See the diagram below on how to take advantage of this great service.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is happening to my holds? You can call 419-422-1712 to make a curbside reservation to pick up your holds that you've been advised are ready for pick up, or visit us in person to pick up your holds. Holds are no longer on the shelves beside the checkout desk. The Magazine Room has been converted to a staff only space to house your holds. Please go to the doorway of the room and a staff member will be happy to retrieve your holds. Please remember that you may be waiting longer than normal for your holds, as libraries quarantine their returned material for safety.
2. Can I still borrow online materials? Yes! We encourage patrons to check out our eMedia, and online Reference collection, as well as our physical collection.
3. I don't have a library card...can I borrow online materials without one? You cannot borrow materials without a card, but we'd be happy to issue you one when you visit us or click HERE for a digital card.
4. Why is the book a returned days ago still on my account? Material is kept in quarantine for 96 hours, so it will take several days for it to be reflected on your account that it was returned. No worries though, we are fine free!
5. Why was the movie or book I returned yesterday automatically renewed? Material is kept in quarantine for 96 hours, so it will take several days for it to be reflected on your account that it was returned.
5. Are you accepting donations? We are accepting book and DVD/CD donations, however, we will not be accepting magazine donations at this time. If you have donations, please go to the parking garage located at the rear of the library, and place your items in the cart provided. Please do not place any magazines on this cart. If you have a large donation and need help, please call 419-422-1712 for assistance. Thank you for your generosity!
6. Can I reserve a room for a meeting? Sorry, not yet. We are using those areas to quarantine library material at this time. This is anticipated to last at least until June 2021.
7. What if I have other questions? Please call us at 419-422-1712
STATE OF OHIO INFORMATION
GUIDE TO CHILDREN'S RESOURCES
Click here for resources related to the Coronavirus for kids
Click here for some family-friendly virtual exhibits for Online learning and fun
Click here for Educational resources for at-home learning
Click here for Virtual Storytime
GUIDE TO ONLINE RESOURCES
New to the library's online collection?