FHCPL INTERNET POLICY AND ACCEPTABLE USE GUIDELINES
1. Patrons must sign in each time they use an Internet station.
2. “Visitors” to the library may present valid form of identification, i.e. a driver’s license.
3. Patrons may access their own e-mail account through the library’s Internet stations.
4. Patrons may print information from the Internet workstations for 10 cents per page.
5. If a patron is under 18 a parent or guardian must sign an Internet permission form in person and present it at the Circulation desk.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
1. The Internet computers will be used for educational, informational and recreational purposes only.
2. The Internet computers cannot be used for unauthorized, illegal or unethical purposes. Patrons may not send or receive or display text or graphics, which may reasonably be construed to be obscene.
3. The databases available through the Internet cover a highly diverse range of subjects. Not all sources on the Internet provide accurate, complete or current information. Databases may be limited to a particular institution, have changed addresses or closed down. Patrons use the Internet at their own risk.
4. As with other library materials, it is the parents or legal guardian of minor children who assume responsibility for supervising access to Internet resources in the library.
Misuse of the library’s computers or Internet Policies and Acceptable Use Guidelines will result in the loss of computer privileges.